Tuesday, August 7, 2012

COMICS: This week's recommended reading

It's Wednesday, so it's time to hit your local comic shop and see what's new this week.
This week, I asked Darrell Burris, proprietor of D&J Hobby in Galax, for his recommendations:

"You can't go wrong with Batman," Burris says. "I think Thun'da will be (hopefully) a hit. The Massive has been an interesting read. What gets me is how plausible this story can be in the real world. "Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #2 is my favorite of this entire series. I love the art and the story is a remarkable piece of writing.
"I'm looking forward to Godzilla: Half Century War #1. I've really enjoyed the other books in this series and am always a sucker for the God of Beasts.
"Transformers will continue to be one of IDW's gems. These are great books and for fans of the Autobots and Decepticons it's a must. Plus, I'm a big fan of how they've moved away from Earth and focused on the universe of these heroes and villains.
"Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe will be a hit, since we sold out of #1 in near record time."

There you have it. Get out there and get reading. See what's coming out at COMICLIST (www.comiclist.com/index.php) and then check out D&J HOBBY CENTER (www.facebook.com/DJHobbyCenter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment